It has been discovered that there is a new fever spreading rampantly among the youths “Twivver” is what we call it, and a majority of the youth’s population exhibit symptoms of this fever and the minority lie about the feeling that they want badly to be infected by Twivver. HIV is a thing of the past decade; recently a lady was overheard complaining that she cannot stop tweeting, that she is addicted to Twitter; basic symptoms of Twivver was is basically an addiction. In 2006, when Jack Dorsey created twitter, which is sometimes referred to as “SMS of the Internet”; addiction was expected but what we have before us is alarming. A source aged 23 revealed to us that he unexpectedly received a mention from his father on twitter; this shows that people of all works of life have accounts on twitter, it gets better, as a source with the twitter name @Ogagus disclosed that he recently received a text from a friend pleading that he should help him source for more followers.
Applications both on mobile phones, computers and other gadgets that are designed to work with or enhance the micro-blogging service Twitter like Twitter for BlackBerry, ÜberTwitter, TweetGlide, Tweetie, Metro Twit, Chromed Bird, Twitter for iPhone, TweetDeck, Twitter for Android, TweetCaster, Echofon, Twidroid, TwitBird, Slandr Mobile Twitter, Power Twitter, Osfoora for iPhone, Tweetings, Tweets60, Touiteur, HootSuite, Twicca, Nambu, Panoramic moTweets, Gravity, Twitterrific, Seesmic just to mention a few does not make thing better. On June 25, 2009 when Michael Jackson the King of Pop died the twitter server crashed as users started to update their status to include the words “Michael Jackson” at the rate of 100,000 tweets per hours, twitter has grown tremendously since its creation, again in during the 2010 FIFA World Cup when fans wrote 2,940 tweets per second in the 30 second period after Japan scored against Cameroon on 14 June 2010. The record was broken again when 3,085 tweets a second were posted after the Los Angeles Lakers’ victory in the 2010 NBA Finals on 17 June 2010. A new award category called “Twitter Freak” was created by Dynamix Magazine in her annual youth awards show held in Nigeria basically celebrating Twivver. Twivver is spreading like a wild fire that cannot be tamed; various signs that show this addiction have been identified;
- · You get excited when someone follows you on twitter.
- . Send @ and RT in messages to your friends in emails and SMS.
- · You keep urging your family members and friends to get a twitter account.
- · You ask for people for their twitter usernames when you are supposed to ask for their numbers
- · You feel over the moon when someone retweets your tweet.
- · Your parents joined twitter to chat with you.
- · You basically plan your whole day on twitter.
- · You most of the time keep searching for your twitter name and your tweets in real-time twitter search.
- · You tweet when you do not want to and also tweet when you should not.
- · You get most of your news from trending topics.
- · You judge people based on their followers/following count.
- · You have used the phrase “I should tweet that”.
- · You actually hate someone on twitter that you have not met.
- · You use more than 4 twitter clients.
- · You never let anything go on twitter, if someone wants to go war, bring it on.
- · You hate whales, because of the failing whale.
Does this sound like you? If you exhibit one or more of this signs you suffer from this problem or better still we suffer from this problem. Is there any hope for us, I conducted an extensive search and discovered some ways to suppress this addiction but this will be all for now.